Friday, March 10, 2017

Are you Saying Women Can't Write?

Lately, with the Women's march and the strike wednesday when women did not come to work, I still cannot figure out how people who believe in either active or passive sexism think it makes sense.

What really crystalized this for me was reading a blog post about how quickly a woman's manuscript is rejected because it has her name on it. I don't know if it's because of misconception that women can't write certain genre's or that women "can't really write". Whatever you are thinking, it's bull.

I have read some amazing women writers and that they are forced to either publish under a pen name or use their initials to mask their gender is an insulting slight.

I will support women writers and I hope you will do to. All manuscripts and all books should be judged by their content, not by the gender of the writer.

Let's stop this crap and support our women writers in our community and make sure that the publishing industry know that they aren't going anywhere and they have the backing of an awesome writing community.

No comments:

Post a Comment